Friday, July 31, 2009

A MOP AND A LIST

I have had so much time to notice my surrounding due to my tiny misstep in April. At first I was so angry, shocked, drugged, and weepy, that all I could do was resent the fact that I could not escape at will. Slowly this changed into frustration because I couldn't pinpoint the whereabouts of any particular item that I needed. It wasn't because I had forgotten where it was, rather it was impossible to map out exactly where things were, in the myriad piles of crap very important possessions.
I became resolved to take control of the space that other family members laid claim to 10 years ago when we bought this house. These family members, who shall remain nameless have been absentee tenants and perfectly good space is being used as Warehouse 13, or Area 51. There's a lot of unidentifiable crap taking up ROOMS, not closets, not corners, but ROOMS.
I haven't yet decided how to resolve the entire dilemma, but I am laying claim to the designated guest room, which will no longer be the guest room, but Rosi's aka Mom's Yarn/Knitting/Sewing Room. It is the smallest room in the house and has only one window which gets precious little natural light, but when I get done with it, it will serve my purpose and maybe, just maybe house a guest in a pinch.

1 comment:

rho said...

You go girl!!!