Wednesday, December 14, 2005

CHRISTMAS PREP

GIFTS MADE AND BOUGHT - 100%
GIFTS ORDERED AND DELIVERED - 99%
GIFTS WRAPPED - 99%
GIFTS MAILED - 100%
CHRISTMAS CARDS DONE - 100%
CHRISTMAS CARDS MAILED - 100%
CHRISTMAS TREE BOUGHT AND UP - 100%
CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATED - 100%
DOOR WREATHS - DONE AND UP - 100%
COOKIE DOUGHS MADE - 100%
COOKIES BAKED AND DECORATED - 100%
FOOD ORDERED, MENU PLANNED - 100%

I think I'm right about on schedule. By Monday, most of these will jump from 0 to 90. The only ones that concern me, are the ones over which I have no control. This year our family Christmas will be on Christmas Eve. Our youngest leaves with her "friendly boy" (my husband's name for him) for India on Christmas day to attend a wedding. Exciting stuff!
Our usual Christmas Eve is a raucous friends and family party, which I have loved in the past. I have to say that I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas Eve for the first time in almost 20 years. There will still be lots of wonderful food and drink, but no cooking and baking for days before, and no cleaning up until 2AM.edited 12/17/05, edited 12/21/05
I am almost to that glorious moment when I can put up my feet and just let Christmas come!

No comments: