Wednesday, August 03, 2005

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

I had such lofty ideas when I started this blog. I wanted to review restaurants, share my knowledge as a retired pastry chef, and create gorgeous hand-knit garments for any or all to admire. The only thing I got right was the blog title. It seems I'm shocked to be aging. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel old inside, but physically, I'm a 1950 Chevy whose owner drove her into the ground without much thought to the future. So it seems recipes and restaurants are not something I want to write about at this point in time.
What I really want to explore is "where am I, and how did I get in this handbasket?" I do know I had a good time getting here and have had more than my share of luck, love, and joy. Now that I have arrived, I feel the need to share the shock and fresh hell of each new aging experience. I'm sure I will want to share good things, as well. Just not right now.
Next up: Hospital stays from Hell
Stay Tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read today's entry and felt so in touch. OK, so I really am not the only one feeling this way. I'm 59....59!! i CAN'T BELIEVE IT! How did I get here so fast! Trouble is, I'm starting to feel it. That's really the not fun part! Keep on bloggin' !

:)

rosi-r said...

Nice to know we're not alone, yes?
Thanks so much for letting me know that there are at least 2 of us.